You’ve spent all of 2016 focused on your client’s needs. How about starting out the New Year by putting a little focus on yourself. Instead of (or in addition to!) resolving to lose weight or save money, what about your home? Our homes all need a little kick start each year just as much as we do. Here are a few ideas to help freshen up your space.
Clear the Clutter
One of the best ways to freshen up our homes and feel better about our space is to get rid of some clutter. Nothing feels better then tossing out old things. Nice clear spaces help make the home feel cleaner and more spacious. Plus, now you’ll have room to add all the new things that you know you’ll acquire this year.
Lower Living Costs
You’re probably wondering, how? Before you go out and purchase solar panels (unless you want to, go for it!) go back to the basics. Making small changes can help in lowering your bills.
- Try remembering to switch off lights when leaving a room, and turn off the air conditioner when leaving the house.
- Install compact fluorescent bulbs and low-flow showerheads
- Try drying some of your clothes on the line and wait for the dishwasher or washing machine to be full before you run them.
- Turn off your power strips and/or set your home computer to revert to sleep mode when not in use.
- Water your yard less. Put in drought-tolerant landscaping if necessary.
- Give composting a try. Your garden will thank you.
Get your place ready for entertaining
If one of your resolutions is to spend more time with family and friends, why not make sure your home is ready for entertaining? Giving your main entertaining area a quick update will help make you feel more confident when arranging your next get together. Remember what you’d tell your clients: making small changes such as a new paint color, purchasing a new rug or adding some new accessories is all you need to freshen up the space.
Design Alliance is here to help with all of your home’s resolutions, well..maybe not with the weight loss! We have an array of home décor vendors that you and your client’s will love when freshening up your space. Please contact us with all orders and inquiries.